Our Commitment to Privacy
Ivanhoe Broadcast News, Inc. is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to our Web site at http://www.ivanhoe.com. We take the issue of privacy very seriously and value the trust you place in us each time you use our services and access this Web site. This Privacy Statement describes the practices and policies we have put into place to safeguard your personal and health-related personal information that may be gathered and used as you visit our Web site.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
The policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically. If you have any questions about our privacy policies, we encourage you to contact us using any of the methods outlined at the end of our Privacy Statement.
Who Is Collecting the Information?
Ivanhoe Broadcast News, Inc. is collecting information on this Web site as outlined in this privacy statement.
What Information Do We Collect?Automatic Collection of Information:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site or download information, our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our web site and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day.
Our Web server automatically collects and records the following information:
Permission-based Collection of Information:
- The visitor's domain name, but not the e-mail address
- The visitor's IP address
- Aggregate information on what pages are accessed
- The name and release number of web browser software used
- The operating system used
- Date and time you access our site
- The address of the Web site that linked to us (referrer URL)
At different places on our site depending upon the feature you use, you may be asked to volunteer personal and health-related information such as your name, email, mailing address, telephone number, and health history.
The following information is collected with your permission at this Web site:
- Personal information/identification and financial information gathered through e-commerce / shopping activity
- The e-mail addresses and health information for our personalized e-mail reminder system
- The e-mail addresses of those who subscribe to our newsletter
- The e-mail addresses of those who post messages to our bulletin board
- The e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The information we gather automatically and with your permission during your visit to our Web site is used in the following ways:
- Monitor, review, measure, and analyze Web site utilization
- Modify and enhance the Web site
- Improve the content and design of our Web site
- Determine the need for new programs and services
- Respond to your requests
- Monitor the changing health information needs of site visitors
- Monitor and improve our customer service efforts
- Study general usage habits and demographic information for our own marketing research purposes
- Notify visitors about updates to our Web site
- Determine the effectiveness of health promotion and marketing programs
- Contact consumers for marketing purposes
With Whom Will the Information Be Shared?
The personally identifiable information gathered during your visit to this Web site is not shared with any organization for any purpose. We do not rent, sell, exchange or in some way provide personally identifiable information to any third-party organization.
Access and Correction of Personal InformationReview of Personal Information
Site visitors may not access information we have collected and maintain about them
Additional Use of Personal InformationRequesting No E-mail Communication
You may receive e-mail messages from us about health topics that may be of interest to you, health and Web site-related news, upcoming events, special promotions, and other relevant information. If you do not wish to receive such email messages, please let us know by the following means:
- Sending us e-mail to that effect at: email@example.com
- Calling us by telephone at: (407) 740-0789
- Writing to us at the contact address
Many Web sites now use "cookies" to provide useful features to their visitors by providing customizable and personalized services.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, or to ask you if you would like to accept or decline a cookie from a particular site before it is set. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. You should know, however, that if you reject a cookie, certain functions and conveniences of a site may not work properly.
- Store and sometimes track visitor preferences
- Ensure that visitors are not repeatedly sent the same banner ads
- We will never link the cookie to your personal information and/or health-related information
Registration for Access
Some Web sites require you to provide some personal information through a registration process in order to take advantage of certain Web site features and to access content areas. For example, a registration form might request your name, telephone number and e-mail address. You might also be asked to voluntarily provide a list of health topics that you are interested in so your Web site experience
Access to some of the features on this Web site requires registration,and the disclosure of some personal information, which may include:
- This site offers a specialized registration process for Archive access
We are especially concerned about protecting children's privacy. We hope parents and teachers are involved in children's Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information on line.
Our site may feature information and services of interest to children 13.
Interactive Services and Tools
Interactive services tools such as health risk assessments, health-related calculators, and other technology-based features provide Web site users with a richer and more valuable experience. The tools can provide you with information that is customized according to your personal health background and needs.
Some interactive tools may request identifying personal and health-related information in order to function. It is important for you to know how your information will be used when it is requested, for what purposes it may also be used, and if it will be shared with any other party.
This site does not use interactive tools that ask you for identifying and health-related personal information.
Security of Communications
We recognize that many people are concerned about the privacy and protection of information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any email message you send over the Internet. In some cases, information can be encrypted (scrambled or encoded) to make it very difficult to read if it is intercepted during communication. Certain technology and practices allow Web sites to provide an increased level of security for your personal and health-related information when appropriate.
We use the following practices on our Web site to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
- We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
E-Commerce, On-line Donations, and Online Shopping
Purchasing items or making donations over the Internet usually requires you to provide your personal identifying information and credit card information on a Web site. Many people have become accustomed to on-line commerce as a time-saving and useful convenience. There are a number of practices that can make providing your sensitive credit card information more secure and therefore make you feel more comfortable about doing so.
We do process credit card payments for donations, merchandise, or services on our Web site. We have the following e-commerce practices:
- When processing your credit card payment, we will ask for the card type, number, expiration date, and your card's billing address.
- We will transmit credit card numbers in an encrypted format using industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
- When a credit card transaction is completed, we will discard your credit card number on the Internet server
- When this service is offered on this site and you purchase nonprescription products and services from us, such as ordering flowers for delivery to a local hospital, we will request that you provide your name, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, phone number and billing and shipping addresses.
- We will keep this information in the strictest confidence and will make every effort to maintain the privacy and security of the information at all times.
At this time, we do not partner with or have special relationships with any advertising server companies.
Links to Other Sites
This site includes links to non-affiliated external Web sites. We have the following practices:
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we have the following practices:
Preference for Future Use of Information
- We will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
You may prevent your information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by:
Web Site Contact Information
2745 West Fairbanks Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789
Contact: Stephanie Pancratz
Telephone: (407) 740-0789
This privacy statement was last modified on February 27, 2003.
Customized privacy statement compliments of MedRocket, Inc.
Questions or Comments:firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2002 MedRocket, Inc. All rights reserved.
MedRocket is a registered trademark of MedRocket, Inc.